Saturday 31st August
Show Dogs Sponsors
Come and enjoy the excitement of the Show Dogs!
Welcome to the Gold Coast Show’s highly anticipated Show Dogs Competition, where furry cuteness, fun, and excitement collide!
This classic show event showcases the remarkable talent and beauty of our four-legged companions, as top-notch dogs from various breeds and sizes compete for the ultimate title.
Witness the jaw-dropping tricks, impeccable grooming, and impressive obedience skills of these marvellous canines as they prance, leap, and strut their way to victory.
Whether you’re a dog enthusiast, a family seeking entertainment, or simply looking for a dose of pure joy, the Show Dogs Competition promises an unforgettable experience filled with laughter, awe, and an overwhelming appreciation for our beloved furry friends.
Join us at the Gold Coast Show and revel in the furry festivities on Saturday 31st August 2024.
With Thanks to Our Show Dog Sponsor
Show Dogs Competition Entry Details
Any enquiries you have for other information about the Show Dogs competition can be sent in the following form.
Dog Grooming Competition.
The Gold Coast Show Society will run a Dog Grooming competition live on the grounds of the South Port Show venue adjacent the Dog section and Southport Aquatic Centre. It is a novelty grooming freestyle competition, inviting all and any professional groomers in the SEQ region.
Saturday 27 August 2020 in conjunction with, but separate entity from, the GC Show Society Conformation Dog show (run via Dogs Queensland processes). Competition commences 9;00 am.
- Freestyle defines as non-breed specific grooming.
- All grooming will be conducted on the venue site except for bathing, drying and combing out.
- Groomers will supply one dog which will be assessed prior to start of grooming, during grooming but most of all on the finished product.
- Groomers will not be allowed a second pair of hands assisting.
- Groomers will supply all equipment, tools and materials.
- Sprays and colour dyes are very much ALLOWED as it is a novelty event to engage the public.
- Groomers need to supply their own 3mX3m gazebo.
- Members of the public will be able to view the whole event but will not be allowed to enter your gazebo area at any time or assist .
- Groomers’ self promotion material is encouraged but must not extend past 50 cm outside of the grooming gazebo.
- The choice of breed is up to the groomer and does not have to be pedigree. Pedigree dogs are preferred to promote responsible breeding of dogs.
- Competition will commence at 9:00am and final judge’s announcements will occur 12;00 noon.
- Entry: This year is Free being the inaugural event.
- Prize: Sash and Cash prizes for:
- First overall Novelty
- Greatest change from starting condition.